Cindy Robinson is a founding partner of Robinson Mahoney PLLC. Starting in law school and throughout her legal career, Cindy has focused on representing people whose lives have been affected by physical and emotional injuries suffered in car collisions, slips and falls, due to medical negligence and families who have lost a loved one in wrongful death actions. In the early 1990s, Cindy became one of the first attorneys in the state to represent adults harmed by childhood clergy sexual abuse. Since then, Cindy has devoted a large part of her practice representing individuals victimized by child sex abuse often by people in positions of trust.
In addition to her trial practice, Cindy is a member of the Board of Governors of the Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association where she is Co-Chairperson of the Nominating Committee, a member of the Continuing Legal Education Committee and an officer. For the past 29 years, Cindy has been a member of the Standing Committee on Recommendations for Admission to the Bar in Fairfield County, which evaluates and reports on the character and fitness of attorneys.
Cindy has been recognized by the following associations and organizations:
- The Best Lawyers in America® as one of the top personal injury lawyers in the country and has been named as Best Lawyers’ Plaintiff Lawyer of the Year for Medical Malpractice Law and on several occasions Best Lawyers’ Plaintiff Lawyer of the Year for Personal Injury Law
- Designated as one of the top 50 attorneys and top 25 female attorneys in the state by Connecticut Super Lawyers
- In 2020-2023, named as the only woman on the list of top ten attorneys in Connecticut by Super Lawyers.
- Member of the American Board of Trial Advocates which is limited to the top trial lawyers in the community who are vigorously engaged in civil litigation.
- Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers which membership is limited to less than 1% of the lawyer population in the state.
- First woman in Connecticut named a Fellow of the International Academy of Trial Lawyers, which limits membership to 500 Fellows from the U.S.
- Certified as a Civil Trial Advocate by the National Board of Trial Advocacy
- For the past 30 years, Cindy has lectured on trial practice and strategies including childhood sexual abuse cases, and other personal injury topics at seminars throughout the state.
J.D., University of Connecticut School of Law, Hartford, Connecticut
B.A., Wesleyan University, Middletown, Connecticut
U.S. District Court District of Connecticut, 1987
Appointed by the Judiciary to the Standing Committee on Recommendations for Admission to the Bar in Fairfield County
Member Since: 1992 to Present
Appointed by the Judiciary to the Federal Grievance Committee
Member Since: 2016 to Present
Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association (CTLA), Board of Governors
Continuing Legal Education Committee for CTLA, Member
Nominating Committee for CTLA, Co-Chairperson
American Association for Justice, Member
Connecticut Bar Association, Co-Chair, Special Committee on Sex Trafficking of Children
Member Since: 2014-2018
Greater Bridgeport Bar Association, Member
- The Best Lawyers in America®
- Best Lawyers' 2011, 2012, 2019, 2023 Stamford Personal Injury Litigator of the Year
- Best Lawyers' 2014, Stamford Area Lawyer of the Year for Plaintiffs' Medical Malpractice Law Connecticut Super Lawvers®
- Best Lawyers’ 2019, Stamford Person Injury Litigation- Plaintiff Lawyer of the Year
- Connecticut Super Lawyers®
- Top 10: Connecticut Super Lawyers: 2020-2023
- Top 25: Women Connecticut Super Lawyers: 2007-2013, 2016-2017, 2019-2023
- Top 50: Connecticut Super Lawyers: 2007 - 2008, 2019 - 2023
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell (the highest possible rating for a lawyer)
- Civil Trial Advocate, National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Fellow, International Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- One of ten attorneys nationwide named "Lawyer of the Year" by Lawyers Weekly USA for representation of clergy abuse victims, 2003